ND Career Builders Scholarship
Up to $5000 in Scholarship per Recipient
Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services (CIP Code 11), or other IT-related programs of study.
Certificate or degree programs of 2 years or less in length may qualify for the scholarship.
INITIAL APPLICATION & AWARD PERIOD
Recipients will be accepted on a rolling basis until funds are exhausted.
Awards will be based on the applications received, availability of funds, and the enrolling programs of study across
the state. Applications will be reviewed by a scholarship review committee.
Applicants must be accepted for enrollment in a computer, information sciences, IT support services, or other IT related programs of study.
Applicants must start their program as of January 2021 or later.
Recipients agree to complete an application and sign a Scholarship Award Agreement with the ND University System.
Recipients will agree to the following conditions of the Scholarship Award Agreement:
- Maintain a 2.50 cumulative GPA in the program of study.
- Enroll full time according to program requirements.
- Complete the qualifying program of study.
- Live in ND for 3 years following program completion.
- Work in a high need or emerging occupation in ND for 3 years following program completion (see chart below).
- Recipients must repay all scholarship dollars received under the ND Career Builders Scholarship program if they fail to meet the conditions of the Scholarship Award Agreement.
HIGH-NEED OR EMERGING OCCUPATIONS
Recipients agree to work in an occupation deemed to be in high need or emerging in the State of ND. Failure to work in one of these occupations will result in full repayment of the scholarship by the recipient. These are the only occupations that
Qualifying High-Need and Emerging Occupations
- Accountant & Auditor
- Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Bus & Truck Mechanic
- Child, Family, & School Social Worker
- Childcare Workers
- Clinical Data Managers
- Commercial Pilots
- Compensation and Benefits Manager
- Computer & Information Systems Manager
- Computer Network Support Specialist
- Computer Programmers
- Computer System Analyst
- Computer User Support Specialist
- Construction Building Inspectors
- Construction Manager
- Database Administrators
- Dental Hygienist
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Electrical Engineers
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering Technician
- Electrical Powerline Installer & Repairer
- Elementary & Middle School Teacher
- Environmental Scientist & Specialist
- Farm Equipment Mechanic & Service Technician
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Manager
- Gas Plant Operator
- General & Operations Manager
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning Technician
- Heavy & Tractor Trailer Truck Driver
- Human Resources Specialist
- Industrial Machinery Mechanic
- Information Security Analyst
- Intelligence Analysts
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Maintenance & Repair Worker
- Management Analyst
- Market Research Analyst & Marketing Specialist
- Marketing Manager
- Mechanical Engineer
- Medical & Clinical Lab Technologist/Technician
- Medical & Health Services Manager
- Mining & Geological Engineer
- Mobile Heavy Equipment Mechanic
- MRI Technologist
- Nurse Assistant
- Operations Research Analyst
- Personal Financial Advisors
- Petroleum Engineer
- Petroleum Pump System
- Operator/Refinery Operator/Gaugers
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Plumber, Pipefitter, & Steamfitter
- Police Patrol Officers
- Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education
- Radiologic Technologist
- Registered Nurse
- Sales Agent, Securities, Commodities & Financial
- Sales Engineer
- Sales Representative, Technical & Scientific
- Secondary School Teacher
- Social & Community Services Manager
- Software Developer (Applications)
- Software Developer (Systems)
- Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers
- Soil & Plant Scientist
- Special Education Teacher (K-12)
- Substance Abuse & Behavioral Disorder Counselor
- Training and Development Specialist
- Transportation Engineers
- Wind Turbine Technician